Monday, July 12, 2010

Nuestro casa en Santa Cruz

Here are a few shots of our house in Santa Cruz. It´s super nice, with a view straight out to the lake. From our house you can look directly across the lake at Santiago and San Pedro Volcano.


As Peyton likes to say, ¨we take our breakfast on the porch.¨ It´s pretty nice, I must say. I think this morning the menu was scrambled eggs, pancakes, and toast.


Most nights the students try to eat as a group. Often the result is that Peyton and I cook for everyone. Everybody usually contributes to the overall food supply and then we come up with some meal or other. This was my second night I think.


As a result of the recent super heavy rains, the bridge on the path from the docks and town to our house got washed out. It´s just a huge ravine now with a sizeable creek/river running down it.


So every morning we have to hop the river rocks across to get to town and to the clinic.

1 comment: