Wednesday, July 7, 2010

La Clinica

A brief update because I don't have much time today:

Work started on Monday. We meet about three mornings a week at the clinic here in Santa Cruz and have Spanish/Clinical lectures, which are great. There's about 11 students right now, but three are leaving this weekend. Tuesday I did my first outreach clinic in San Pablo, which went well. Lauren, a student from Montreal, and I worked together and saw a bunch of patients. It was fun. Today was another class day here in Santa Cruz, and tomorrow I go to Pahamel for another outreach clinic.

This weekend, Peyton and I are traveling with Pete to Xela, which is the closest town to "the best climbing place in Guatemala." Pete has some business to take care of at the Mexican border, then he's meeting us for some climbing on Saturday. Should be fun.

That's all for now. Life is good here. Missing home and Allie and the dogs and cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment