Monday, July 19, 2010

Fotos de Xela

I've already written a bit about our climbing trip to Xela a few weekends ago, but at that time I didn't have any pictures to share. Here they are.

This is a picture of one of the 20 or 30 prayer circles up in the boulder field below the cliff line. I was a little unsure whether to take pictures of them, but they were all so friendly and open that it seemed all right. I only took a couple. They would chant all day long - I mean ALL DAY LONG.




Some of their sites had tin roofed structures for when it rains. You can see a few in the picture; there were many many more, and the tin roofed spots were by far the minority. So that gives you an idea just how many groups were up in this boulder field.


This is me leading a really nice arete that we graded 5.8.


And here's Peyton climbing a hand crack on the same wall. We figured it was also about 5.8.


On Saturday Pete joined us and we climbed the same few great lines we did the day before. He's starting up the hand crack in this photo.


Yours truly, with the prayer boulder field and farmland in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment